Archives

« Stan Brakhage's History Lesson | Eye Level Home | In This Case: Assemblage with Found Objects by Simon Sparrow »

Barbara Bosworth's Photographs: No Rush, Take Your Time
July 29, 2008

Barbara Bosworth

One of the most important things I've learned as a photographer is to slow down when looking at images. I've become so used to scanning visuals, from channel surfing to surfing the net, when I come upon photographs that ask me to look more closely I have to physically slow myself down. The most recent example for me are Barbara Bosworth's photographs now on exhibit here at SAAM.

We've created a interesting way to view these images online. If you're familiar with iTunes's cover flow that allows you to move from one album cover to the next, you'll recognize the format. Just use the scroll bar or drag an image to move to the next photo. Double-click to find out more about an image.

And take your time. Your datebook is blank. (I've canceled all your appointments for the rest of the day.)

Posted by Jeff on July 29, 2008 in American Art Here

Beautiful photographs. I've found that I too need to stop for a second and collect myself before just beginning to click away.

Loved it. Thanks for the link. The "cover flow" Flash gallery was interesting. Kinda held back the quality of the photos don't you think?

Beautiful photographs. The "cover flow" Flash gallery was interesting. I've found that I too need to stop for a second and collect myself before just beginning to click away.

Art Gallery, if you double-click on any of the photos in the Cover Flow gallery it will take you the higher quality images (as well as more information about each photograph).