Untitled

« Picture This: Steven Spielberg as Shadow Artist | Eye Level Home | George Lucas on Norman Rockwell and the Movies »

American Art Road Trip
July 9, 2010

Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high
Thomas Moran

Thomas Moran's Mist in Kanab, Utah

One of my favorite songs is George Gershwin's "Summertime." I must have twenty renditions of it on my iPhone. When the weather gets as hot and muggy as it's been here on the East Coast my wanderlust kicks in and I start longing for an escape from all this atmospheric oppression. It's vacation time!

My road trip isn't until August but if I need a break right now I can saunter over to the museum to breath in the cool mountain air of Alfred Bierstadt's Sierra Nevada, California or Thomas Moran's Mist in Kanab Canyon, Utah.

How about you? Where you off to this summer? We want to know and we've devised an art-related way you can show us where you've been. We've put together a set of artworks from our collection, depicting places around the country. Should you be going to any of these spots, take a photo and post it to our Flickr group: American Art Road Trip. The more the merrier.

I've got to work for the next few weeks. But I'll gladly live vicariously through your road trip pics. Let's see what you've got!

Posted by Jeff on July 9, 2010 in American Art Everywhere, American Art Here

Great idea! We posted some info about this from Away.com's readers, plus created our own tribute to your excellent Flickr collage!

Posted by: Alistair@Away | Jul 9, 2010

Thanks for the information, we will add this story to our blog, as we have an audience that loves reading like this.

Posted by: Neprinol | Aug 16, 2010